It's the perfect spot for families or for a trip with friends to enjoy the pleasures of Straussee. The water of the 136 hectares big lake in the North-East of Berlin is mostly filled with ground water and going for a swim there is really worth your while. Straussee is one of the most scenic lakes in Brandenburg. The water is clean and you can look down to a depth of more than 7 metres with the naked eye. The banks has nice fine sand and stones on the ground of the water are unheard of. You can even see fish in the water - it's just that clear.
On the bank of the lake you will find a small historical marina, which was opened to bathers as early as 1925. Above all families with children enjoy the amenities of the marina with a life guard and an ice cream shop. The blue and white historic wooden bathing house provides the backdrop for relaxed swimming fun on a sandy beach. The burner there is a tower slide of 5 metres height, younger children can use the medium and baby slide.
The marina apart, there are several accessible bathing spots around Straussee, one of them on the opposite bank of the lake, visible from the marina. Straussee also offers scuba lessons in a scuba school - so if you've ever been curious about it, why not give it a try?
Top10 Berlin tip: Close to the marina there are restaurants, if you decide to use the public bathing spots, you should perhaps take your own food.
- Open Air Marina: May to October
- Daily: 10:00 am - sunset, according to weather
- Recreational Areas: Several available, sometimes pretty crowded
- Cleanliness: Clean bathing spots and water
- Water Quality: Information on the current water quality in all of Berlin's lakes can be obtained from Lageso, the Office for Sanitary and Social Affairs under phone +49 30 90229 5555
- Swimming Factor: Ideal for swimming and bathing
- Sun/Shade Relation: Sunny and shaded resting spots available
- Sporting Possibilities: Scuba School Strausberg on Wriezener Straße
- Snack: None available
- How to get there: Best to come by S-Bahn from Berlin. From the Strausberg Station you walk along the city walls to the Scuba School on Wriezener Straße and the first recreational greens. If you keep on walking, you will find more recereational areas.
- Parking : Available