The water is of a very nice quality but if you want to swim here, you have to walk over some pebbles and shells. To reach the bathing spot however, the visitors don't need to walk a single step: its own parking and bus stop make it very convenient to come here. Downside: it may get pretty crowded during weekends.
Lieper BuchtLieper Bucht 1
+ 49 30 90229 5555
- Open: Continuously
- Recreation Areas: Two sandy beaches and smaller coves, further resting areas in a small grove
- Cleanliness: Overall ok, sometimes you will find some stones and twigs in the sand
- Water Quality: Information on the current water quality in all of Berlin's lakes can be obtained from Lageso, the Office for Sanitary and Social Affairs under phone +49 30 90229 5555
- Bank and Ground: The way into the water from the bank descends gently, on the ground you will feel however pebbles and shells.
- Swimming Factor: Medium, due to boats on the Havel and the popularity of the spot, swimming there is not that easy
- Bathing Crowd: Happy mixture of young and old, very few children
- Sun/Shade Relation: Both sunny and shaded spots available
- Snack: No snack stalls by the water, the next beer garden can be found near Grunewaldturm (0,5 l Cola for 3,00 euro)
- Next Toilet: Toilet wagon in the parking lot
- How to get there: Best to come by bicycle or with the bus 218. The parking fills up quickly with cars.
- Parking: This bathing spot has its own car park for bathing guests.