When you look at all the amenities Strandbad Orankesee in Berlin Alt-Hohenschönhausen has to offer it just seems fair that you have to purchase tickets to use the bathing lake. Besides all the things you need at a public pool it also hosts a playground, a beach volleyball court and an area to play some ping-pong.
The must-see attraction for kids probably is the 52m long water slide at the poolside, while adults will be looking forward to lounge in the comfy beach chairs. Bathing in the lake is permitted at the restricted area at the beach only.
The lake itself and the bathing beach aren’t too big, but on the other hand: that just makes it easy to keep an eye on the kids.
A snack bar offers all the common goodies needed like sodas, German Bratwurst and cake.
- Daily: 09:00 am - 07:00 pm
- Occasionally closed due to bad weather:
- Ticket Prices : Adults: 4.50 Euro, 2.80 Euro discount ticket; children under 2 years of age get in for free, after 05:00 pm tickets for 2.50 Euro, rental of a reclining chair 5.00 Euro/day
- Recreational Areas: Sandy beach and greens
- Cleanliness: The marina is very well taken care of
- Bank and Ground: Slow and gentle descent into the water
- Swimming Factor: Since many children use the non-swimmers area in the flat front part of the lake, you have to go a bit further out to enjoy swimming
- Bathing Crowd: Families with children
- Sun/Shade Relation: Both sunny and shaded recreational spots are available
- Snack: A snack bar is on the premises
- Next Toilet: Toilet facilities in the marina
- Sporting Possibilities: Beach Volleyball, Ping Pong
- How to get there: It's best to go there by car, the closest stops for bus and tram are a good deal away.
- Parking: Available