No long travels outside of Berlin are necessary to get here. The lake itself is a beautiful, natural lake with lots of trees growing around it and a public bathing beach with a history of 100 years.
Strandbad Plötzensee is located in the heart of Volkspark Rehberge, making the lake a prime destination for a bicycle tour. The amount of pushbikes in front of the gates in summer is a breath-taking sight. What you won't find here is romantic tranquility but certainly bathing fun for the entire family.
- Season: May to September
- Daily: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Ticket Prices: Single ticket: 4,00 euro, discount ticket: 2,50 euro
- Cleanliness: Very clean and well taken care of facility
- Bathing Crowd: Very diverse, lots of families with children
- How to get there: Berlin's most central swimming lake, well connected to the U-Bahn, tram and buses: S-Bahn to Beusselstraße, buses: 106,123. Its location inside of Volkspark Rehberge invites to go there by bike, the venue has a parking lot for several hundred bicycles.