Crystal clear and refreshing water and everything else a lake can offer: Hike around the lake in one day, visit the island via ferry and have a snack at the island's own rustic beergarden (our suggestion: potatoe salad). Or rent a boat or have a swim in the official swimming place: There you get everything you need for a nice day outside the city.
- daily: 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
- Recreation Areas: Anything - from sandy beach to slightly sloping greens
- Cleanliness: Very clean
- Water Quality: Information on the current water quality in all of Berlin's lakes can be obtained from Lageso, the Office for Sanitary and Social Affairs under phone +49 30 90229 5555
- Bank and Ground: Sandy, sometimes a bit stony, gently sloping into the water
- Swimming Factor: High due to the dimension of the lake
- Sun/Shade Relation: Both options available
- Bathing Crowd: Rather on the younger side
- Snacks: Swimming spot/Boat rental area, on the island (please check opening hours online before setting over)
- Next Toilet: in the swimming spot/boat rental area
- How to get there: Best to take the S-Bahn to Bernau and do the remaining 15 km by bicycle on the bicycle road R1. Optionally, you can also take the bus 903 from Bernau to Ützdorf. Another way to get there is via train to Wandlitz station and a hike to the lake.
- Parking: Some inofficial parking spots in the woods
- Nature Protection: Please only swim from the officlal swimming spot and don't jump over the fences around the lake: animals and plants need their alone time.