Most likely Sacrower See has the best water quality of all lakes in and around Berlin. Even in a depth of more than 4 metres, the water is impeccably clear.
The beach going into the lake descends only very gently and sharp stones on the ground or dirt are unheard of here. That's why it is self-explanatory that lots of people come here for a swim - which may be the only disadvantage of this truly beautiful lake.
The recreational area is somewhat on the smaller side, but when the Top10 Team came here for the field test, it was not overcrowded at all - to our great surprise. Our recommendation: If the green gets really too crowded, escape into the water for a refreshing swim!
A couple of meters into the forest you’ll also find another smaller bathing area where you can sunbath on the grass in between the shades of the trees of the surrounding woods.
You will also find the Restaurant Landleben with its beer garden that offers a perfect view of the lake and the bathing area. You can order tasty regional and fresh dishes. Guests of the restaurant can use the bathroom for free, other have to pay just a little fee for using it. A tiny food stall that sells snacks, ice cream and refreshing drinks also belongs to the grounds of the restaurant right by the beach.
Sacrower SeeSeepromenade 99
+ 49 30 90229 5555
- Open: Continuously
- Recreational Areas: The sandy beach is very nice but on really hot days it may get crowded. The occasional pine cone may be found in the sand.
- Water Quality: Information on the current water quality in all of Berlin's lakes can be obtained from Lageso, the Office for Sanitary and Social Affairs under phone +49 30 90229 5555
- Cleanliness: The bathing beach is clean
- Beach and Soil: The beach descends gently into the water, the soil is soft without any stones
- Swimming Factor: Very high since you can swim very far into the lake
- Bathing Crowd: The occasional family with children, on the whole an overall younger crowd
- Sun/Shade Relation: Few spots shaded from the sun
- Snacks: The beer garden "Waldfrieden" is right next to the beach. An ice cream can be had here for as little as 0,50 euro, soft drinks (0,5l) start at 2,00 euro, a beer (0,33l) 1,80 euro. A plate of pasta goes for around 7,50 euro
- Next Toilet: Facilities in the beer garden
- How to get there: Pass through the beer garden "Waldfrieden" to get to the bathing beach. Restaurant guests have their own parking. Going there using public transport is somewhat difficult.