Despite its numerous awards, the Horváth is a restaurant for everybody. The place is very cosy with a lot of wood, beautiful light and boasts an inobtrusive service.
In the 2-star restaurant located in Berlin-Kreuzberg, chef de cuisine Sebastian Frank brings Austrian tradition to the plate, but quite different from generell expectations. By looking at vegetables, meat and fish as equal actors, he resolves traditional kitchen rules and inspires with unconventional ideas. The result is a unique combination of contrasts and aromas. Yet the star chef sticks to his roots. For his creations, he uses only products from the region and his home country Austria.
This solidity is also reflected in the simple, elegant ambience of the restaurant: good food and Austrian hospitality are the main focus. Accordingly, the audience is mixed and as unconventional as the Horváth itself. Even dogs are welcome and get their own place setting.
On request, 5, 7 or 9 courses are served. Guest can choose the classic wine tour with wines from Germany, Austria and the eastern wine-growing regions such as Hungary, Croatia and Slovenia or the alternative, alcohol-free drink accompaniment, which convinces with ingenious creations of tea extracts, homemade vegetable juices, high-quality oils and reductions.
Top10 team recommendation: The Horváth is an insiders' tip for vegetarians who enjoy gourmet cuisine. Most of the dishes at Horváth are purely vegetarian.
- Wednesday to Sunday: 06:00 pm – 11:00 pm
- Price Level: 89,00 euros for a 5-course menu, 109,00 euros for a 7-course menu, 129,00 euros for a 7-course menu
- Card Payment: EC, Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Maestro
- Reservation: Phone +49 30 61 289 992 or E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parking: Available for free on Paul-Lincke Ufer
- Awards: 2 Michelin stars 2019, 18 points Gault Millau (2019) 17 points (2012-2018)