The Bar Saint Jean is located in a basement on Steinstraße, it's small in size yet elegant and all details blend together in one picture. Instead of plushy exuberance, the French owners bank on a reduced chic with a very stylish interior, from the bar counter to the colour of the walls.
The same could be said about the crowd there, best described as a happy mix of Berliners and out-of-towners of all ages.
Their drinks are great and the card is quite long - the focus is on long drinks next to wine and champagne. Nearly all wishes will be met here. On a busy weekend you may have to wait a little for your cocktails - but it's always worth the wait.
Top10 Berlin Tip: Normally you can smoke in the bar, only on Saturdays the bar is a no smoking area!
- Tuesday to Thursday: 07:00 pm - 02:00 am
- Friday and Saturday: 09:00 pm - 03:00 am
- Sunday: 07:00 pm - 02:00 am
- Remark: Smoke-free on Saturdays
- Card Payment: Cash payment is normally preferred, with tabs of 30 euro and more you can pay with your EC card though