Back then the building was absolutely spectacular and with its roofed 50 m pool it was held as Europe's state-of-the-art swimming pool.
Today, it is a listed building and it is pretty fast booked out on the Day of the Open Monument. However, you don't need to wait for this special day to see it, because the swimming hall, flooded in daylight, is still in use! So you get the best of two worlds: you exercise and enjoy spectacular architecture.
Stadtbad Mitte has been dedicated to the Berlin patron of the artis James Simon ("The man who gave away Nefertiti") since 2012.
- Technical closure: 27.05.2019 - 18.08.2019
- Public swimming: see Berliner Bäder
- Ticket Prices: Main ticket 5,50 euro, discount at 3,50 euro; base ticket: Monday to Friday: 10:00 am - 03:00 pm: 3,50 euro, discount at 2,00 euro. Children under 5 years get in for free.
- Additional Offers: Swimming lessons, aquafitness, cardio training, lessons on swimming techniques
- Remark: Last admission and closing of box offices: 60 minutes prior closing time; end of swimming 30 minutes prior closing time