The Eastern Comfort Hostel Boat anchors in front of Oberbaumbrücke, Berlin's most beautiful bridge, between the lively districts of Kreuzberg and Friedrichshain, where the border between East and West Berlin once was. The East Side Gallery, the longest remaining section of the Berlin Wall, can still be seen from the Hostel Boot.
Hobby pirates and surfers can test their seaworthiness here, because although the ship is firmly moored in its place, it can still swing a bit once in a while.
The hostel boat advertises with 3 stars comfort, but 5 stars experience, so for instance the reception is manned 24 hours a day. The ship has 25 cabins on three decks. The cabins are usually small but comfortable and are equipped with one to four beds. There are single and double cabins and even 3- and 4-bed cabins with private bathrooms and multi-bed cabins with shared showers. It is even possible to put up a tent on the deck and spend a warm summer night full of romance under the open sky.
Eastern Comfort is particularly popular with backpackers and hostel vacationers. Spacious 1st class cabins are also available. The on-board floating lounge invites all guests to have a drink together on the water. Who would like, can book the All you can eat breakfast buffet locally in addition. In the summer months you can use the boat's own bicycle rental. The Hostel Boot provides guests with free WLAN. Right next door lies the sister ship Western Comfort with 18 additional cabins.
- Reception Hours: 24 hours
- Ship's Position: E 13.44434° N 52.50305°
- Restaurant Hours: Summer: 04:00 am - midnight, closed on Mondays; Winter: 05:00 am - midnight
- Breakfast Hours: 08:30 am - 11:00 am
- Parking: difficult
- Reservation: Please use their online reservation form.
- Card Payment: Visa, Mastercard, EC
- Rates: 16,00 euro (dorm cabin with shared shower) - 82,00 euro (spacious double bed cabin with private bathroom)
- Closest Street Intersection: Mühlenstraße / Am Oberbaum/ Warschauer Straße