The Berlin locals have nicknamed it the "Kempi", and it was the first hotel with 5 stars in Berlin and is therefore the "Grande Dame" of the Berlin hotel business setting standards. It was opened in 1952 as first luxury hotel in West-Berlin and quickly became the focus of society life: John F. Kennedy, Ronald Reagan, Herbert von Karajan, Hilde Knef and Curd Jürgens were guests here.
This traditional hotel still meets highest standards today, for example with its luxurious wellness oasis Bristol Spa. Also the Restaurant Kempinski Grill is a Berlin institution and the Bristol Bar is held as one of the most beautiful hotel bars in Berlin.
- Reception Hours: 24 hours
- Gastronomy: Kempinski Grill: This gourmet restaurant is a Berlin institution and is among the most well-known in Germany's capital. It offers an open kitchen with lava grill, gobelin hall, tea salon with cake and its celebrated kitchen; Bristol Bar: one of the most beautiful and stylish hotel bars in Berlin; Reinhards: Enjoy the ambience of a French Brasserie on Kurfürstendamm
- Wellness Area: Bristol Spa with pool, sauna, steam bath, minigym, tanning and pool bar
- Special Service: among other concierge service, limousine service on request, historical tour through the house every Sunday in February (6,00 euros/person, 12,00 euros including coffee and cake)
- Card Payment: AMEX, EC, Diners, Eurocard/Mastercard, Visa
- Parking: Available at cost at the public and guarded car park Kempinski Plaza
- Awards: Certified Business Hotel; Certified Conference Hotel
- Price Level: Double room: between 129,00 - 455,00 euros; Suites: between 189,00 - 6.000,00 euros
- Celebrity Guests: John F. Kennedy, Ronald Reagan, Herbert von Karajan, Roger Moore, Willy Brandt, Cary Grant, Indira Gandhi, Hussein II. (King of Jordan), Curd Jürgens, Henning Mankell, Rachel McAdams, Isabelle Huppert and Otto Rehagel and also Oscar winner Jean Dujardin have signed the Golden Book of the Kempinski Hotel Bristol Berlin.