The former service counter area is today a luxurious ballroom with a ceiling of 10 metres height, used as an elegant event venue now. The former bank vault contains now the exclusive wellness are Spa de Rome. The massive doors and safe boxes can still be seen:"We have the safest towels in town" adds a friendly hotel clerk with a smile.
Another highlight is the ample roof terrace offering a fabulous view of the historical centre of Berlin. Famous sights like Museum Island, the boulevard "Unter den Linden" and Gendarmenmarkt can be reached on foot.
- Reception Hours: 24 hours
- Price Level: Double room without breakfast starting at around 270,00 euro, up to 4.500,00 euro for a suite.
- Gastronomy: Restaurant Parioli - mediterranean Italian cuisine
- Card Payment: All major credit cards accepted
- Parking: 25,00 euro for a day ticket, around 2,50 euro/hour
- Special Service: Very personal Rocco Forte service, all that hotel guests can ask for in a 5-stars hotel.
- Awards: Top 50 Hotelier 2012 (Schlummer Atlas), Der Feinschmecker 2012 – Restaurant Parioli belongs to the best restaurants in Germany, Travellers Choice Award 2012 (trip Advisor), Trivago named Hotel de Rome as “one of the top ten international fashion hotels! - 2012
- Spa: The Spa de Rome, in the former bank vault, offers a 20 m pool, a fully equipped fitness centre and a wide variety of beauty treatments and massages.
- Celebrity Guests: The scene from blockbuster "Keinohrhasen" in which society reporter Ludo (Til Schweiger) crashes through a glass roof was filmed at the Hotel de Rome. Berlin fashion celebrity Harald Glööckler usually has the defilé for his new collection at the Hotel de Rome during the Berlin Fashion Week. Also international stars like Robert Pattinson, Uma Thurman, Sharon Stone, Tom Cruise or Katie Holmes have been seen here.