The Hard Wax in Berlin-Kreuzberg is legendary. Since 1989 the record store has been a specialist for electronic music and is regarded as a pioneer of the techno scene in Berlin. Hard Wax exists as long as the Berlin Wall fell and is part of the history of Techno in Berlin. Tech Fans from all over the world are customers in the Hard Wax.
Well-known DJs like Paul van Dyk or Ricardo Villalobos have been among the customers and have signed autographs on the walls of the shop. On the record shelves - mostly as 12-inches - you will find club-suitable new records as well as 80s and 90s house classics from Chicago and Detroit.
The Top10 insider tip: Especially dubstep fans should seek advice in the Hard Wax. Owner Mark Ernestus is considered Dubber at heart and, like most of his employees, works as a producer and DJ.
- Monday to Saturday: noon - 08:00 pm
- Parking: none
- Offer: new and used records, a small selection of CDs, T-shirts
- Musical Genre: Electro, Techno, Minimal, House, Dance, Dubstep, Dub Reggae
- Mailorder Service: online shop
- Card Payment: EC, Visa, Master, Amex, JCB
- Price Level: The price range goes from 4,00 Euro for a Reggae 7" up to 100,00 Euro for rare original presses.