Arte Luise Art Hotel formerly started in 1995 as a Berlin artist project. The result was a surprisingly inexpensive, authentic and incredibly individual hotel that is truly unique, even worldwide. 50 different artists designed the rooms of the Arte Luise Kunsthotel in their own personal way.
A room with an interior striped entirely black and white, a room with a mannequin dancing on the table, another room with a golden “king's bed” and "the nest" where an oversized beak hangs above the bed are just some few examples of their extraordinary rooms. It really does pay off to keep your eyes open and your spirit awake at the Arte Luise.
The hotel is centrally located in Berlin-Mitte in a lovingly restored city palace dating from 1825. A new building was added in 2005. In total, the small hotel has just 50 rooms and suites, each of which is a work of art in its own right.
Tip of the Top10 team: For artists with a small purse there are some simple, inexpensive rooms available in the attic as a reminder of the beginnings as an artist project.
Arte Luise Art HotelLuisenstrasse 19
- Reception Hours: 24 hours
- Restaurant Hours: From noon on (German-Mediterranian cuisine and regional specialties)
- Breakfast Hours: 07:30 am - 10:00 am (breakfast buffet)
- Parking: Parking spaces in their underground parking facility can be reserved (15,00 euro/day)
- Card Payment: Visa, Mastercard, EC
- Room Rates: starting at 35,00 euro (single room with shared bathroom) to 299,00 euro.
- Breakfast Price: 11,00 euro/person
- Additional Info: free access to an internet terminal, a small shop for drinks and snacks and a book shop with Berlin literature