Nostalgic cut-out-and-keep-sheets, mouth-blown tree ornaments of glass and handmade storm lamps made from copper can be purchased at the stands on Gendarmenmarkt's christmas market.
The high-class gastronomic offer convinces: award-wining restaurants like the Lutter & Wegner, Brecht's Restaurant, Riehmers Restaurant or Enoiteca Il Calice pamper their guests in heated restaurant tents. The menus of these pop-up restaurants feature classics like goose legs, Viennese Schnitzel, boiled fillet, apple strudel and cut-up and sugared pancakes with raisins and apple sauce. But also some more unsual dishes like a Christmas Burger (sweet or spicy), a christmas punch with cinnamon licor, mulled beer or blood orange punch will tingle your taste buds. Reservations for the restaurant tents are recommended.
There is a show programe with choir singing, acrobats and fire artists and the ceremoniously illuminated Deutscher and Französischer Dom provide a breath-taking atmosphere, especially on New Year's Eve when the fireworks go off between the cupulas of these two churches.
- Daily : 11:00 am - 10:00 pm
- Christmas Eve : 11:00 am - 06:00 pm
- New Year's Eve: 11:00 am - 01:00 am
- Ticket Prices: 1,00 euro, children up to 12 years free (Monday to Friday: 11:00 am - 02:00 pm free admission except for holidays; New Year's Party: 6,00 euro per person, tickets sold on the christmas market)
- Parking: Underground car park on Bebelplatz