The giant telescope of the Archenhold Observatory weighs unbelievable 130 tons and it's refracting tube is 21 metres long! Also the historic Einstein-Hall, the Zeiss-Miniature Planetarium and an enormous iron meteor can be counted among the highlights of Archenhold Observatory. From here you can scan the skies and take tours on special subjects. If you happen to be there on your birthday, they will show you in a special tour how the stars were aligned the very moment you were born.
The observaroty hosts various childrens' programmes on weekends, for instance entertaining lunar classes for kids from the age of 7. Young astronomers can participate in the astronomical childrens' workshop of the obervatory. Archenhold Obervatory is part of Technikmuseum Berlin.
- Wednesday to Sunday: 02:00 pm - 04:30 pm
- Price Level: Birthday parties for children: around 4,00/person, at least 10 participants
- Ticket Prices: Visit to the astronomical museum: free; tour of presentation: around 6,00 euro (discount ticket at 3,00); school classes: around 2,00 euro per person; family pass: ca. 15,00 euro
- Recommended Ages: Suitable for age 8 and up
- Childrens' Programmes: Archenhold Observatory offers special childrens' programmes for all age groups. Schedules of the childrens' programmes to be had on the programme flyer under www.sdtb.de/Termine.150.0.html