The restaurant St. Michaels in Grunewald is scenically located on Grunewald’s Lake Hertha an offers a sumptuous breakfast and affordable lunch in its summer garden. The gastronomy is affectionally called "Der fromme Löffel" (the pious spoon), since the lunch here (in canteen style with self-service) is affordable for everyone.
The restaurant offers a rich breakfast and a varied lunch, which is gladly taken up by the young people from the youth guesthouse as well as by external guests.
How can the prices be so low? The mansion, originally constructed as an English country house for the banker Franz von Mendelssohn, is now part of the Johannischen Sozialwerk, a social institution, running a 3-star hotel with the name of St. Michael, a youth guest house, a church and the aforementioned restaurant here.
St. Michaels RestaurantBismarckallee 23
- May to September daily: 07:00 am - 10:00 pm
- October to April Monday to Friday: 07:00 am - 09:00 pm
- October to April Saturday and Sunday: 07:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Parking: Free of cost
- Reservation: not required
- Card Payment: Visa, Mastercard, EC
- Price Level: Breakfast buffet (includes coffee, tea, milk, OJ, apple juice, muesli, dried fruits, cornflakes, yogurt, quark, cold cuts, cheese, scrambled egg, jam, honey, variety of bread and bread rolls): 10,00 euro. Lunch: Daily stew for 2,00-3,50 euro, main courses 5,50 - 13,00 euro